CANCELLED due to deteriorating weather conditions. It’s such a wonderful walk so we will reschedule and a new date will be advised soon.
We are excited to finally welcome you again at an event and to re-connect! Join us for a great Sunday morning walk with Sydney’s best harbour views. Come and explore the Lower North Shore with us on Sunday 7 November 2021.
This one way 7.1km trail offers stunning views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge, however the walk isn’t just about the views. Along the way you will experience bushland, a visit to Wendy Whiteley’s Secret Garden and even an ancient aboriginal carving.
We start this walk in Waverton, an area that has been radically transformed from a coal and oil industrial site to a regenerated inner city garden space. It then goes onto the world famous Lavender Bay before finishing under the iconic Harbour Bridge. Don’t hesitate and register now for a social and active morning.
Please note, whilst this is an easy walk, it is quite lengthy and has a couple of points where you will walk up several flights of stairs.
Sunday 07 November 2021
10am: Meeting point – Grumpy Baker Waverton
12:am: End walk – Milson Point Ferry Wharf
Grumpy Baker Waverton
85 Bay Rd
Waverton NSW 2060
– Following NSW health advice, you need to be fully vaccinated or have a medical exemption to attend this event.
– Under the current COVID-19 guidelines we are allowed to welcome maximum 50 people to this event. We will follow the news closely and adjust the numbers as required.
– Dutchlink will not accept any liabilities for accidents of injuries during the events.
– If you have registered but feel unwell, or in contact with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or cannot join anymore please let us know as soon as possible.
– Transport: The Grumpy Baker is a one minute walk from Waverton Train Station on the North Shore line, it’s the stop after North Sydney. If you would like to come by car, we advise you to park in Waverton, please note there is limited on-street parking available in the area. You can catch the T1 train from Milsons Point back to Waverton after the walk, this trip will take 5 minutes.