1. The website under the domain name http://www.dutchlink.com.au (the Website) is operated by Dutchlink Pty Ltd. We are responsible for the processing of your personal data and we are the data controller for all such information.
3. The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), which are contained in schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act), outline how most Australian and Norfolk Island Government agencies, all private sector and not-for-profit organisations with an annual turnover of more than $3 million, all private health service providers and some small businesses (collectively called ‘APP entities’) must handle, use and manage personal information.
– As data controller, we take all necessary steps to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended, restated or re-enacted from time to time) and its relevant subordinate legislation when handling any personal information.
– When you supply any personal information to us we will meet our legal obligations to you in the way that we deal with that information.
– In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we are required to collect the information fairly and to let you know how we will use it (see ‘Disclosure of personal information’ below) and whether we will pass the information on to anyone else (see ‘Use of personal information’ below).
– We will comply with the Principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
– We will take reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal data against loss and unauthorised disclosure or access (see ‘How we protect your data’ below).
Use of personal information
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
1. the information included in your application form, if you apply to become a member of Dutchlink (a Member);
2. your name and email address, if you sign up to receive our newsletter;
3. when you respond to requests to submit personal information about yourself;
4. if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also keep a record of those parts of the Website that you use most often to enable us to monitor, support, improve and develop our service and to know which parts are of the most interest to you. We will use the personal information supplied by you to:
1. deliver to you services and information which you have requested, for example the newsletter and/or Membership services;
2. ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
3. carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (such as the contract for Membership);
4. contact you for your views on our services and events and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Website or our services.
By using the Website (even if you do not apply to be a Member) you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as set out above.
In addition, if you apply to be a Member, we will use the personal information you supply to us on your application form to establish, maintain and administer your membership. We also collate statistical information about our Members for research purposes.
When applying to be a Member, you give permission to use your personal information for certain other specified purposes. Examples of this might be contacting you via e-mail in relation to activities and events run by Dutchlink, sending you our newsletter e-mail. We will only use your personal information for such purposes if you specifically consent to this when you apply to become a member. You may opt out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information you supply to us will be held on our servers in Sydney (NSW), Australia.
You can at any time send an email by email@example.com if you decide that you no longer wish to receive particular information.
Disclosure of personal information
We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
We will only supply your personally identifiable information to a third party:
1. where we have your consent to share the information;
2. in order to enhance our service and the services we can offer you;
3. where we need to share the information to provide a product or service you have requested;
4. where we need to send the information to persons or organisations who work on our behalf to provide a product or services to you (but such persons or organisations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose);
5. where we are required to forward the information in order to comply with a regulatory or legal process, or to our insurers in connection with an insurance claim.
Right of access to your information
Should you wish to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that a small fee will be payable.
As soon as we are satisfied as to your identity. we will send you within thirty days a copy of all the data we hold concerning you.
If it transpires that the information held is inaccurate, we will make the necessary amendments and confirm to you that these have been made.
How we protect your data
The internet is not a secure medium, however we take great care to ensure the security of the Website and of your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage by holding it on secure data servers which protect against access behind password protected systems.
As a Member, it is your responsibility to protect login details. You must treat these as confidential and must not share or disclose your login details to any other party.We will retain your information for a reasonable period or for as long as the law requires.
A cookie is a small file which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard disc and helps us understand and track your use of the Website and where we can improve the information and services provided.
Links to other websites
*Hypertext links are a means by which visitors can skip from one website to another or from one page to another within the same site.
As a result of improvements we make to our services, amendments to laws or regulation or developments in the technology or processes we use, we may change the information we hold about you and/or the way in which or the purposes for which we process such information. If we make any substantial change in the way in which we use your personal information we will notify you by email.